Vieira Minicourse on Advanced Quantum Field Theory
Title: Advanced Quantum Field Theory: Holography and Integrability
Lecturer: Pedro Vieira (Perimeter Institute)
Dates: November 5 – December 18, 2014
Place: Auditorium of IFT-UNESP
Times: Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 5 pm
Description: In these lectures, Prof. Vieira will cover several advanced topics in quantum field theory with emphasis on recent research developments. The level of the minicourse will be for masters and PhD students, and preference will be given to questions coming from the students. All are invited to participate and there is no need to register. Topics being covered will include:
- Conformal Field Theory in Higher Dimensions and the Conformal Bootstrap.
- Large N expansions. Matrix Models and Quantum Gauge Theories.
- Holography. Large N conformal gauge theories and AdS/CFT.
- Integrability and Quantum Spin Chains. The N=4 SYM spectrum problem. Correlation Functions.
- Integrability and Non-Linear Sigma Models. Classical Integrability and Minimal Surfaces; Quantum Integrability and the Bootstrap program.
- Scattering Amplitudes in Gauge Theory and Gravity
- Wilson Loops and Scattering Amplitudes
List of Participants: Updated on Nov 12